The Window Covering Safety Council (WCSC), founded in 1994, is a coalition of major U.S. manufacturers, importers and retailers of window coverings dedicated to educating consumers about window cord safety.
WCSC is dedicated to:
- Educating Americans about potential window-cord hazards facing young children.
- Providing consumers with free retrofit kits and information.
- Fostering the industry’s continuing commitment to maximize cord safety through the development of advanced designs, cordless products, and its support for a national safety standard.
As part of its ongoing public information campaign to increase cord-safety awareness, WCSC regularly disseminates news and informational materials through the media and partnerships with various public and private organizations concerned with child safety, health and well-being.
In addition, WCSC provides consumers with free cord-retrofit kits via an on-line order form and its toll-free number at 1-800-506-4636
- Window Covering Industry Launches “Best for Kids” Program; New Safety Program to Help Consumers and Retailers Easily Identify Products for Homes with Young Children
- CHECK THESE SAFETY TIPS OFF YOUR SPRING CLEANING TO-DO LIST
- Winter Safety Guidelines from the Window Covering Safety Council
- Safety Council Urges Families to Use Child-Safe Decorating Tips for the Holidays
Pass Safety On
Design & Safety Tips
Child-Safe Décor Ideas